Wednesday, July 9, 2014

WLFEO Wednesday: The Traveling Letters of Alpha Delta Pi




Traditions are a central theme for all the fun we've had over the years. We always take a picture toasting, write postcards to our families and friends, buy a souvenir representing the year or theme of our adventure, enjoy a nice meal out, and so on. 

In 2010, Di suggested we order Alpha Delta Pi letters on sweatshirts for our trip. Great idea! After all, we met because of our sorority and love showing our Adpi pride. 

The letters were ready the day I was traveling to England, I didn't have time to pick them up so my brother went to the Greek Life store by UNLV and picked up our sweatshirts. I asked him bring them by the airport but then realized there was no space to put them anywhere, so I asked him to just send them global express to England, which normally takes 3-5 days, no problem...right. Under normal weather conditions, it would have been fine and arrived in time for us to wear in Prague. But the UK and Europe experienced crazy winter weather and by the time the letters arrived to Di's, I was almost done with a 24 day trip traveling through Europe. 

Hmmm what to do. Di had a New York City holiday planned with her husband for January 2011 so rather than mail my sweatshirt from England it made sense to send them from NYC! It was the time of year when my previous job relocated me to Nevada's Capitol, Carson City (approximately 500 miles from Las Vegas) for four months. 

I was so excited when the sweatshirt arrived to Carson City, it was after a challenging day and I was missing home greatly. Di included a postcard, which brightened my day!! 
And I couldn't help but think our Adpi pride travels just like we do, internationally! The sweatshirt went from Las Vegas to Lymington to London then New York City, followed by Carson City and eventually I brought them back to Las Vegas! Since then, we have a new tradition and our collection keeps growing.  What will the 2014 design be? Just wait until September. Wlfeo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment