Friday, July 4, 2014

Festive Friday- celebrating the 4th July

If you follow our blog posts, you'll know BVF are big fans of themed entertaining! The Fourth of July is no exception except in England we don't have the day off (obviously- why would the Brits celebrate the United States' independence from themselves?!) I've decided that my husband and I will host two big parties a year- one celebrating Thanksgiving in November (on the fourth Thursday) and the other being a summer BBQ on the nearest Sunday to the 4th of July. This is our first year hosting the family Jenner annual BBQ and it's had almost 100% acceptance! 

So this Sunday we have about 50 friends and family coming round for a BBQ. I've gone with a simple menu of hotdogs, burgers, green salad, star-shaped red/white/blue fruit skewers, festive decorated vanilla cupcakes, doritoes, salsa & a veggie platter with ranch. I've bought some sparklers for the kids as fireworks aren't easily accessible this time of year and can't be seen in the afternoon. 


As it's our first bash I've been avidly collecting American flag or stars & stripes parafenilia, but as it will be an annual event I'm hoping to add to my collection each year and not have to import much from the states! A friend's 9 year old daughter makes bunting (you can check her out her page Material Girl on Facebook) 

Happy Fourth of July- enjoy the fireworks!! My favourite holiday!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment