Saturday, June 28, 2014

Savoury Saturday: Sambalatte Cafeé Lounge Review

The theme for Sambalatte is: Sip. Savour. Socialize. Perfectly fitting for this quaint coffee and tea lounge in Las Vegas. 




Although Sambalatte has been in Las Vegas for several years and recently opened another location at the Monte Carlo Hotel, it was a treat discovering a new place to go to for a nice latte and relaxing environment. I went to the Boca Park location with friends, last weekend and it felt as though I was sitting in a coffeehouse in Seattle or Chicago. What a fabulous place to have in Las Vegas!!


Ambiance 
The atmosphere is vibrant and relax. You can even pick something to read from their downstairs library. The decor is classy, yet eclectic at the same time. 


          View of the staircase leading to an         
                additional seating area. 

               Wall photo collage. 

                 Library at Sambalatte. 

Service 
I wish they had honored the reservation I made, four days prior for the upstairs seating area. Although the staff acknowledged my name was on their list, they did not reserve the seating area which would have been ideal for our group, the space was occupied by other patrons and it would have been rude to ask them to move. 

I was advised to call the day before next time, which I'm not sure if that would have made a difference since my name was on their reservation list, they just didn't honor the reservation. 

Presentation and Taste 
I had a decaf latte with almond milk, it was delightfully delicious!! It was nice having the options of either almond milk, soy milk, or milk. Look at the beautiful work of art below! 

                 Decaf almond milk latte. 

I didn't try any baked goods or pastries but they looked delicious! 


   My friends enjoyed some of the treats above, 
   yum! 


Menu and Pricing 
The menu offerings range from specialty coffee and organic teas to sandwiches and locally sourced pastries. Most prices are not listed on the menu, I asked the staff for the price ranges. 

Coffee: $2.50-$6.25
Organic Teas: $3.50-$4.50
Sandwiches: $8.50-$10.00
Soups and Salads: $6.75-$8.50
Macaroons: $1.50 
Pastries: $3.50-$7.50

                      Good menu variety. 


Overall Experience 
I would come back to Sambalatte for the ambiance alone! It's a wonderful place to grab a book and enjoy a cup of coffee, visit with friends, or have a light meal. 





No comments:

Post a Comment