Friday, June 27, 2014

Feature Friday: Q and A with Diana of Bon Voyage Friends



We love adventures and traveling and are excited to continuing sharing tips and personal experiences with you! Today we are featuring Diana of Bon Voyage Friends. 


1. What are your 3 "must have" items you pack?

I always make sure to pack moisturizer, a pashmina, and Lucas Paw Paw cream. Its important to keep your skin hydrated when traveling! Pashminas are a simple way to accessorize and come in handy for when temperatures drop unexpectedly. I take Lucas Paw Paw with me everywhere, it’s a versatile ointment that can be used for chapped lips, burns, nappy rashes, etc.

2. What do you get as souvenirs?

I always buy a magnet as a memento from the places I have visited. Each one represents so many wonderful memories!!

3. Where is your dream holiday spot?

I would love to spend a two-week holiday in Thailand. The beautiful beaches, history, cuisines, and culture are all appealing to me.

4. If you could spend a day anywhere in the world right now, for the next 24 hours, where would you go?

New York! There's always something different to see and do! The city is one of the most vibrant destinations I have been to. Whether its browsing stores, dining at delicious restaurants, or soaking up the art on Broadway- it's always a great time!

5. Number of countries visited.

I have had the good fortune of being able to visit 23 countries. I look forward to exploring new destinations throughout the world.

6. What are your top 3 best travel memories?

The memories from years of traveling are bountiful! The ones that quickly come to mind are:

The professional photo shoot during our 2012 annual holiday in Paris. Monica and I had so much fun taking glam photos throughout the city. Our photographer Pierre was fabulous, the picture at the top of this blog post is from the photo shoot! So much fun and priceless memories. 

My first couples holiday to Venice with my boyfriend that I fell in love with & is now my husband. Spending a two-week holiday in NYC with my husband is a memory I hold onto dearly. From waiting in line forever to eat pizza at a small pizzaria near the Brooklyn Bridge to attending a Knicks basketball game and Rangers hockey game- it was a wonderful and eventful holiday!  

I also will never forget the first time I visited Barbados- the white sand beaches were gorgeous and postcard perfect.

7. What is the best meal you've ever had while traveling?

There are so many great places around the world! I have three:

The Restaurant De Le Tour in Paris-  we went to this quaint family owned restaurant after our photo shoot. Everything was delicious!


Relais de L'Entrecote- I discovered this restaurant while on holiday with my dad and brother in Paris.  Monica and I went there and she returned with friends the following year.


We like to share great restaurants with family and friends! While Monica visited Brussels her friend took her to Nuetnigenough and several months later, I went there with my dad and brother. Amazing cuisine!


8. What inspires you to travel? 

I love new experiences!! As a former crew member for Virgin Atlantic, I had the once in a lifetime opportunity to travel for a living.

9. What SIP Tip (Safety Is Priority) would you share with avid and new travelers alike?

A great tip I made to sure to implement from my crew days and continue to use today: 

Search your hotel room & always keep your wits about you.

10. What are 3 tips you can share for planning a holiday? 

Plan in advance, research where you're going & pack simply.

Bon Voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment