Sunday, December 22, 2013

Inspiration...Notre Dame and 5 Lessons of Faith

Since our 2005 adventures in Madrid, Spain, I have loved visiting the gorgeous cathedrals in Europe. I'm thankful to have a friend so supportive of my Catholic faith and I'm so honored to be Alfie's Godmom. Here's a collage Di made of Alfie's Christening in October. Such a special day!!! 

During my recent adventures in Paris, I went to the Notre Dame and it was a beautiful journey. The cathedral is celebrating its 850th anniversary, incredible!! 


As I was taking a picture of the holy water basin, I was able to capture this image of visitors to the church.  


Luv the compelling quote by Saint Augustine "I Am The Way Which Seeks Travelers". 

It's hard to explain the peace and tranquility I experience when visiting churches. I am often in awe of how such beauty was created hundreds of years ago, without the aid of modern equipment. It's also a time for me to reflect and renew my faith. 


The Lessons Learned: 

Embrace the moments of peace and observe the beauty built by previous generations. 

Regardless of their different faiths or beliefs, its heart warming to witness the desire of people from all over the world taking the time to visit. 

Having the opportunity to even see these amazing cathedrals is a gift and I'm truly blessed. 

Millions of faith goers are inspired to visit  cathedrals each year and while most leave behind their prayers, I can only hope many leave with stronger faith. 

The best of friends are always by your side. Thank you, Di, for always being there as I stop to pause, reflect, and pray. Especially during our 2010 adventures in Prague, when I was on a mission to light a candle for my ailing grandma at every single church we stumbled upon. That meant more to me than words could possibly ever express. 

No comments:

Post a Comment