Saturday, March 29, 2014

Mothers Day dinner

This year my husband and I were going to cook dinner for our mothers to celebrate Mother's Day,  but our six turned to three because people had double booked. I wasn't impressed with the situation, so I decided to take my mom out for dinner just the two of us. 

Www.elderflowerrestaurant.co.uk is a brand new restaurant located on the cobbled quay of Lymington. It has been a restaurant for decades- my aunt used to manage it when it was called Flounders. The location has always served fresh seafood and has been known as a fine dining establishment. 

The new Michelin star chef and owner has kept the fish cuisine going, but had put a special twist on the menu. My Mom and I were wowed by our meal- delicious!! 

Homemade bread roll with pumpkin, sesame and poppy seeds. 

Amuse bouche: Smoked octopus- the best mouthful of the whole meal! 

Land and sea- crab, scallop and prawn with crispy kale, grapes & pomme soufflé 

Another amuse bouche: cucumber ice with a cloud of elderflower- awesome! 

Bouquet of flowers- interesting concept, but not a big fan my mom enjoyed it though! Lavender ice cream, elderflower brûlée & rhubarb. The rhubarb was marinated in elderflower champagne- delicious play with the taste buds! 

Gratuity is automatically added to the bill, I normally tip 20% if the service is good. The Sevice was exceptional, but because the tip was already added I wasn't a fan so left the nominal 10% the restaurant added.... Maybe it's because the Brits aren't the best tippers?! But if that's the only fault I can give the restaurant I would rate this 💎💎💎 (3/3) 


No comments:

Post a Comment