Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Day 4: The 12 Days of Christmas by Bon Voyage Friends. WLFEOWed: Ice Rink at the Cosmopolitan, Adpi Sisters



As Di and I have shared with all of our friends around the world, our sorority-Alpha Delta Pi has a special place in our hearts. 

A few weeks ago, I had a fantastic time at the Cosmopolitan Ice Rink with sorority sisters Emily, Shanna, and Marion (pictured above).  

The friendships I made during my collegiate years are special. But what has truly surprised me most are the friends that I made by becoming an advisor for the UNLV chapter of Alpha Delta Pi. 

Shanna was chapter president right before I became an advisor so I didn't get to know her while she was an undergrad but she has so much passion and dedication for the sorority and has led the alumnae efforts for several years. It's been so great getting to know her. 

I met Marion during the first week of classes my freshman year of college, she was the chapter president and one of the reasons why I wanted to join the sorority. I have always looked up to her and am so grateful being advisors brought her back into my life. 

Emily attended school at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro and was initiated at the Zeta Psi chapter. She's fun, creative, always optimistic and has she has showed how regardless of chapter we all share a special bond.  

These girls have just been an incredible support and great friends, I always look forward to and enjoy when we all get together. I truly value these ladies being in my life and look forward to many great memories ahead. 

I didn't realize how much I needed a night out with friends. It was a light hearted evening and we laughed, made s'mores on the fire pit, drank delicious beverages, and enjoyed this fun winter wonderland in Las Vegas. 



More about the Cosmopolitan Ice Rink 

This seasonal attraction is a perfect winter wonderland activity for couples, families, and friends. The Boulevard Pool is transformed into a rooftop ice skating rink. 


There are also fire pits, delicious treats, and alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages available. Pricing: There is no fee to walk in and enjoy the view, beverages, and food (except roasting s'mores, unless you reserve a fire pit).

If you want to skate its $10 for Nevada residents plus $5 for skate rentals, for non-residents its $15 to skate and $5 for skate rentals. You can bring your own skates. There are also plastic seals available for the little ones to sit on and be pushed around the ice rink. So cute! The pricing for the pits varies, in non-peak times its $25/person and you can use the $25 towards skating fees and food/beverage costs.

The fire pits are great and you can order drinks, foods, and s'mores kits. Food and drinks range from $6-$8 for non-alcoholic drinks and $8-$15 for alcoholic. You can even order a thermos to share with 6-8 people, $25 for hot chocolate and $30 for coffee. Food ranges from $8-$14.

It was such a fun evening with friends and is worth visiting. Where else but Las Vegas would a rooftop pool be transformed into a winter wonderful with snow showers every 30 minutes. Worth visiting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment