Tuesday, April 29, 2014

5 BVF Malibu Favs







Malibu has a special place in my heart- countless summer days during my childhood years were spent at Paradise Cove Beach. Looking back, I realize now how much I cherish those carefree days where life was beyond extraordinary and wonder and imagination were endless.  I sometimes ponder how most adults lose that sense of happiness and awe, I wish everyone would have the opportunity to travel and reignite those feelings.

My family use to spend many Saturdays driving to Paradise Cove Beach in Malibu. We went back last summer and it was as though everything was the same. Instantly my childhood came back to me. 

The beach was even more beautiful than I remembered, but those darn seagulls were still clever scavengers scoping out any food they could sneak away with!

Thinking about our plans to return this summer inspired me to share 5 BVF Fav things to do in Malibu. 

1. Paradise Cove Beach and Bob Morris' Beach Cafe


This gorgeous beach (1st, 2nd, and 7th photos in this entry were taken at Paradise Cove) and fabulous restaurant offer the perfect combination for a relaxing day. Visit www.paradisecovemalibu.com for info on the history of the family behind the beach, cafe, hours, etc. you won't be disappointed visiting!! 
2. Drive along the Pacific Coast Highway, roll down your windows and sing along to Bye Bye Ms. American Pie. Enjoy the ocean view and check out Gladstone's-great menu! 





3. Geoffrey's in Malibu


For another tranquil view and a delectable meal, visit Geoffrey's for a high end dining experience. 

4. Walk along the beach at Paradise Cove. 


If you want to experience a beautiful walk along a clean beach, not overcrowded, and with a variety of amenities look no further. You can even rent a cabana that holds up to 30 people. Chairs, cabanas, and lounge chairs are on a first come first serve basis, get there early! 

5. Visit the Malibu Colony Plaza
While enjoying the beauty of Malibu, why not take advantage of the quaint shops and unique finds at the Colony. 

Bon Voyage! 




No comments:

Post a Comment